The House of Blackheads in Riga 1925
Received on: 30 Jul, 2013
Distance: 638 km (396 miles)
Travel time: 8 days
Madara from Riga sent this old city view from old town Riga.
The original building was erected during the first third of the 14th century for the Brotherhood of Blackheads, a guild for unmarried German merchants in Riga. Major works were done in the years 1580 and 1886, adding most of the ornaments. It was destroyed in 1941 and its ruins were completely demolished by the Soviets in 1948, but it finally rose from the ashes in the late 1990s.