Mandraki is one of the three harbors in Rhodes. It is famous, because it is believed that the great statue of Colossus, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, once stood at the harbor entrance. Nowadays the sculptures of Rhodian Deer, a stag and a doe, stand on slim columns on either side of the harbor where the Colossus possibly once stood.
The Fort of Saint Nicholas guards the Mandraki harbour.
The lighthouse dates back to 1863, during the Ottoman period, it was reactivated in 2007.