perjantai 18. elokuuta 2017

Kiev, Ukraine


Darnytsia urban district Railway Bridge in Kiev
Direct swap from Nastya

Kiev, that historically was situated on the right bank of the Dnieper River, covers both banks of the river whose width, as it flows through the city, reaches some several hundred metres. Additionally, several tributaries fall into the Dnieper inside or just north or south of the historic city. Currently there are eight bridges spanning across the river and a few dozen bridges across the canals and Dnieper tributaries.  Due to the location and the width of the river, the bridges have always been a very attractive and hard to realize option throughout the long history of Kiev.

The temporary floater bridges were known to have existed since the 12th century. The stationary bridges existed in Kiev from the mid-19th century, but none of them survived through the turbulent events that followed the 1917 Russian Revolution.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...