tiistai 2. huhtikuuta 2013

A is for Andorra

I visited Andorra in July 1995 and sent these postcards to my family.

At that time we had three white Samoyeds, so I wanted to send this cute Pyrenean Mountain Dog puppy to our children.
 The Pyrenean Mountain Dog.
The Great Pyrenees is a very old breed that has been used for hundreds of years by shepherds, including those of the Basque people, who inhabit parts of the region in and around thePyrenees Mountain  of southern France and northern Spain.


This is the general view of the region I was wandering.

Sant Julià de Lòria is one of the parishes of  Andorra, in the far south of that country. It is also the name of the main town of the parish, which at 908 m is the lowest settlement in Andorra.

This is my first post to "A to Ö April",
although it may be a little difficult to find a place starting for example with the letter Ö :)

Ei kommentteja: